WP Migrate DB Pro 1.1 Released – Now up to 50% faster
On Friday last week, we released version 1.1 of WP Migrate DB Pro. It started out as a small 1.0.2 release with a few bug fixes, but as we dug into it we ended up drastically improving the performance of both pushing and pulling and decided it deserved a higher version number. The plugin now uses less server resources (CPU & memory) when running a push or pull and the size of the data transferred over the network has been slimmed down as well.
If you’ve already purchased WP Migrate DB Pro, you can upgrade with a single click in your WordPress dashboard’s Plugins page, or you can login to My Account to download and install manually.
If you haven’t purchased yet, visit our Pricing page to review our licenses.
The following is a full list of the changes in version 1.1:
- Pulls are now up to 50% faster
Removed serializing the response data which uses less CPU and memory on the remote server. And we now stream the data back rather than accumulate it on the remote side before sending.
- Pushes are now up to 30% faster
Replaced URL encoded POST requests with multipart POST requests for improved CPU and memory performance and much lighter overhead.
- Improvement: Message to remind the user they can’t connect to a local install from a remote install
- Improvement: Message to warn the user that the table prefixes differ between installs and instructions to remedy that issue
- Improvement: Automatically detect when OpenSSL is disabled and remove ‘s’ from ‘https’
- Improvement: MySQL connection error handling
- Improvement: More diagnostic information
- Improvement: Find and replace now operates on serialized objects as well as arrays
- Bug fix: Pull timing out at 60 secondes when there’s a Varnish frontend
- Bug fix: WP Migrate DB Pro’s settings overwritten on push/pull
- Bug fix: Error DB_CHARSET undefined
- Bug fix: Not retrieving max_allowed_packet in MySQL version 5.0.x
- Bug fix: Admin menu disappears when DISALLOW_FILE_MODS is true
- Bug fix: Database table names with dashes not importing
- Bug fix: Duplicate records on export when ‘Exclude spam comments’ or ‘Exclude post revisions’ are checked